Sunday, March 20, 2016

Organizing the needles ...

I've been organizing some things lately ... I decided to dive into the needle stash ...  it was a mess to say the least.  It was housed in a shallow drawer.  There were loose needles, interchangeables still on cables, fixed circs and all manner of things in this drawer ...


I pulled everything out and sorted by cable  length.  I put my interchangeable set in the nice silk roll designed for such a thing and put the extra cables in a nice little fabric baggie.  I have empty sleeves, but I am pretty sure those are all on WIPs.


And instead of stuffing it all back in the drawer, it all  found a new home.


I now have a better grasp on what I have - which is almost a set for anything ... but I am sure the very next thing I go to cast on, I will not have the perfect needle set/length for, LOL!

Now I hope to update Ravelry projects with ndls, and put them back when done and keep this organized!

Next ... on to the DPNs ...

2 comments:

elns said...

Okay, that was inspiring. I go through phases and I think half my needles are not where they are supposed to be right now. I think I'll have to set some craft organizing time aside ...

Anonymous said...

LOL I know exactly what you mean about never having the right needle.

We were in Joann's one night and I was picking up a couple of needles. Steve asked if every pattern needed a new set of needles. Uh yeah .........sometimes it works out that way.