Monday, May 25, 2015

Spinning in the Sunshine

These are some of my beautiful Mirkwood Hand Crafts spindles. 


Shelob & Nimrodel pictured here.

They are topped with shiny crystals or gems.



I took them outside the other day to spin a bit.  I found some old cigar boxes for $3 ea recently, they are perfect for the spindles.  I put some felt in there for protection, when I have time I plan to actually line them and cut/glue the felt on there.


It was a little windy out, but otherwise very enjoyable.


I just spun up a little bit of sample fiber that came with one of the spindles.  Then wound on to a plying ball.


Then plied it up on one of my mini Turkish spindles.


Here's the finished skein .. very much lace weight.


3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I've been spending a lot of time outside too - so nice!
Love the sparkles in your yarn!

Anonymous said...

Love the sparkly bits!

elns said...

Oh I love seeing you spin in the sunshine. Lovely.