Sunday, February 1, 2015

Practicing Supported Spinning

I haven't been practicing supported spinning for a while ... I say practicing because I am still fairly new at it, even though I own over a dozen spindles now ...

I was practicing for a while minutes here and there to build up the muscle memory, which is pretty much set. Now I just have to practice, practice, practice to finesse my technique.

One reason I'm pretty sure I stopped spinning for a while was that I got this beauty of a spindle and dropped it on the hardwood floor and broke it ... YUP, RIGHT ON THE FLOOR. Didn't even get to spin on it yet or try it out and smash. Not to mention these spindles are fairly expensive ... OUCH in so many ways!!!

I repaired it and it has a slight wobble, but nothing that stops it from spinning or still being a beautiful spindle ...


2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That is a beautiful spindle!

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to fix it. It's a beauty.