Saturday, August 16, 2014

A WIP!


This is Ravello by Isabell Kraemer.  I love all her sweater patterns, there's just something about them.  I'm knitting this out of Knit Picks Stroll in my favorite color Pearlescent and a weird skein of coal that acquired when they were discontinuing their kettle dyed.  This black is half kettle dyed and half so saturated with dye it left a black line on my hand whenever I knit with it.  Its hard to see in a photo (its much more obvious in person), but if you look closely:

  

The stripes are in some left over Malabrigo sock in Turner, I had just enough to knit all the stripes.  I split the remainder in half for the sleeves so I still  have a tiny ball for the other sleeve.  

I started this last October then once I got past the raglan and onto the black ... fingering weight ... stockinette ... FOREVER ... I only did a few rounds here and there ... BORING! At this point the first sleeve is past the decreases and I'm working my way to the cuff.  Then wash, rinse, repeat for the other one and I'll have another sweater!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were those balls of black the same dye lot? I'd be annoyed if they were that different.

However, since you striped the top, it looks almost intentional to have a color-blocked bottom. It works.

I love the stripe color in the top. Very pretty.

kathy b said...

I admire your stick to it !!

elns said...

I love the sweater. I like that ombre-ish thing it's got going on. I love sweaters, but seriously, I have a cardigan from this winter in the some limbo spot. I don't even remember where I am with that thing.