Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tick, tick ... tock (continued again)


If you have followed me this far on my journey, you know that I have come to the conclusion that I have approximately 3 hours per week for each of my hobbies.  That equates to 25 minutes per day for each hobby.

I haven't quite figured out where to go from here.  Obviously I don't want to schedule so strictly that these hobbies are no longer fun and become chores.  I do know that in order for something to become a habit, you need to perform it for 21 or 28 (depending on the source) days consecutively.

The plan - keep track of my progress of these hobbies for 21 days.  I will consciously perform these tasks on a regular basis, for at least 3 hours per week until they become second nature.

Knit
Spin
Fiber
Dye
Read
Write

In addition, I want to feel better, so I am allotting 15 minutes per day to each healthy body task:

Stretch
Tai Chi
Meditate
Exercise

Stay tuned next week once I establish a plan and record my progress!!

No comments: