Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fall is Coming ...

For those of you who are familiar with Game of Thrones, you'll get the title (its not Winter yet).


Every year the aster heralds the coming of fall.  It borders the woods in our yard.  The other day I saw one, every day another pops up.  Now there are several.


The coming of fall means goodbye to the frogs who have sat, jumped in and made their weird froggy noises around the pond all summer.


It also means goodbye to all the beautiful flowers around the yard.  This one I thought was a weed when we moved here, then my husband saw some at the local nursery.  These grow along the walkway that wraps around our house.  As more pop up, he transplants them, so we now have a nice border all along the walkway.

At the grocery store yesterday, I shouted, are those mums???  Then said, oh yeah, its almost September.

2 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

The first appearance of Mums at the grocery store always makes me want to running screaming!

Anonymous said...

That last flower is very interesting. I don't know that I've ever seen one quite like it.