Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Men Knit

A co-worker asked me to show him how to knit. He wanted to knit his daughter a throw ... for her birthday in February ... I laughed. I said I couldn't finish a blanket by then, however, I would gladly teach him to knit.

So I got cheapo needles and yarn and off we went.


He actually did quite well. He was even long-tail casting on ... I told him that was for learning later, but he was determined. He learned the knit stitch. Later we'll do purl, and casting off.

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I wish him every success!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

That's awesome ... "he wants to knit his daughter a throw" ... completely awesome.

autumngeisha said...

Love it! He looks so enthusiastic in that picture, too. You should hint to him that a nice cosy garter stitch scarf would be perfect for February :)

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!