Sunday, June 26, 2011

Almost Done ...

I finished knitting the Summer Mystery Shawl by Wendy D. Johnson. It was a nice knit. I have so many shawls in my queue, so I cannot realistically say I would knit it again, but as a pattern, I would definitely knit it again.


I still have not perfected my blocking skills ... as a matter of fact, I hate blocking. I think I need to invest in some blocking wires ... I hate trying to get the top of the shawl straight and once its close to a straight line I give up and let it be.


Points on the other hand, I love putting pins into those!

9 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very pretty - I love the colour!

Chrissy said...

The shawl looks lovely. But can ai just say, if you buy blocking wires you will never regret it. It speeds up the pinning process so much and adjustments are so easy.

Typstatting said...

Lovely shawl and the colour is nice!

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

looks beautiful! I feel the same about blocking, but the transformation is exciting :)

geeky Heather said...

Oooo, it looks gorgeous!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Congratulations on the finish.

kathy b said...

just amazing. Lacework at its best

pinkundine said...

It's beautiful, the colour is stunning. I keep meaning to get blocking wires... I rarely make shawls, let alone lace, but I still want some!

autumngeisha said...

Gorgeous! I really love that color. Blocking wires are totally worth the investment. I used to dread blocking shawls and other large pieces of knitting, but now it's not as tedious.