Sunday, May 22, 2011

Froggin' - Not that Kind!

We finally got some sun Saturday after at least a week of grey skys and rain. The frogs were out in full force at the pond sunning themselves on the rocks. Here you can see a frog, or two, or three on the rocks.


I was pleasantly surprised at the zoom on my camera. I've used it before, but always stopped pressing the button when the lense stopped making noise indicating that it was zooming, I didn't realize it would continue to zoom after that. In this photo I am actually about 6-8 feet away from the frogs. One never can get too close or they jump into the water, unless you sneak up on them real quiet like.

Speaking of zooming, I am zooming along on the Summer Mystery Shawlette by Wendy Johnson. And guess what, its in a nice froggy green too!

My new favorite thing! We've been getting mini kegs of beer, they only come in select brands, but they fit in the fridge. Heineken isn't so bad actually! Today at Walmart I found these mugs for $2. They are solid ... I think they could cause serious harm if used as a weapon. Just out of curiosity I put mine on my yarn scale and set the units to lbs ... 2.8 lbs (with beer)!


I ordered from Knit Picks recently. Since I cleaned up my yarn shelves and re-stocked them from the stash downstairs ... now I don't have room for these skeins, LOL! The new tonal color Pearlescent is to die for, its not pictured very well here, we have another grey and rainy day. Roving to try dyeing again, this time I am going to braid it first. Size 0 needles to add to my collection in circulars and DPNs. The Goth Felici was catching my eye the last few times I ordered and usually these are limited so I grabbed it while I could.


The fuschia on the deck is doing well and as I'd hoped it is really attracting the humming birds. There have been several sightings since I put it out.

7 comments:

Jane said...

Great pictures. I especially love the frog!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some heavy mugs! I bet they make drinking the beer a proper workout.

fleegle said...

Do those frogs produce frog hair?

Thanks for your kind words about my Crocus shawl! Laptop wouldn't get off it, so I took the shot anyway :)

WildflowerWool said...

Good luck with the dyeing!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The frogs are awesome! Dave and I went hiking yesterday - no frogs but lots of other critters.

Unknown said...

I so miss the green of the Northeast. Not your humidity though.

kathy b said...

I love the summery sound of frogs. Great images.
Here's to more hummingbirds for you!
Love your knitpicks haul......it is time for me to buy some