Wednesday, April 6, 2011

2AKACBW - Day 4



Where are they now?

I just poked back through my blog at a few random things and thought about their fates.

Grumpy the Lump of Coal
Grumpy was intended as a deterrent for the horrible, little cat in my house that eats yarn. Why I thought, I'll knit her something that can be all hers and she'll leave my yarn alone, was a good idea, I'll never know! It only fed her desire to tear more yarn to shreds. After that she actually sniffed out yarn! I saw her once sitting on the bathtub edge, sniffing the air under my drying, hand washed socks!

Grumpy was eviscerated ... it was an ugly, gruesome death ... RIP Grumpy.


Quidditch Sweater
This is one of my most prized posessions. It fits perfectly, its super warm. It was a pain to knit all the ribbing, but, oh so worth it! The color is perfect, the fit is perfect, its the BEST SWEATER EVER and its the first one I made!


Fetching Mitts
My MIL taught me how to knit. And at the time, I wasn't even interested. My mom wanted to learn, so I said, hey, show me and I'll show her. I was enthralled. She was enthralled at how quickly I picked it up. I never stopped since that day. She and FIL deliver mail part-time ... way up in New Hampshire. I thought that fingerless mitts would be nice for this task. She loved them. I know she takes good care of them. She loved them so much, she asked me to make him a pair, which I did ... about a year later, but better late then never right?!?!

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Lol. I think giving cats yarn "toys" just means "okay I can play with all yarn" in catspeak!