Sunday, March 6, 2011

All Foggy

The temperature is warming up, but there's still a lot of snow on the ground. Its been drizzling most of the day. Now its really, really foggy out there!

This weekend I worked on the In Dreams Mystery Shawl. I'm still way behind, but getting there. I'm not sure I'll ever get caught up. Clue #3 was released this past Friday and I am still only just a little through Clue #1. I think that the pattern is off by one stitch ... oh about 8 rows back. I thought something was wrong, but I thought I caught it - I was missing a stitch. Now that I've got more on there to look at, something doesn't look right. Things are not lining up. I checked the designer's site and her swatch ... and yeah, I think mine is off. So, I'm going to go crack open the Kraken and I'll be carefully ripping back 8 rows ... ouch!



I was catching up on some video and podcasts while knitting and I found that 90% Knitting had a link to Malabrigo March Madness. She also mentioned the color green for St. Patty's Day. My poor February Lady Sweater was not finished in February, but it is knit in Malabrigo and it is green ... so perhaps I can finish it for March!




Check out the Ravelry Group!

The geek in me found something super cool on the Knitty blog. Its a periodic chart of fibers! From Packbasket Designs blog.


Yesterday I was looking for the local branch of my bank, which is in the next city over. I looked it up online and had a general idea of where it was. There was an easy highway route to get there, but I wanted to become more familiar with the surroundings and see what's out there. We moved here a little over 2 years ago, and really don't know the area at all. Guess what I didn't find - any Yarn shops! I did see a Bead Shop and a local Candle Co. though that I plan to visit in the near future.

I also found an orchard and a lot of farmland ... yeah that wasn't in the city the bank was in, that was in the next town over from that, LOL! I like driving around and I have a good sense of direction so even if I get "lost" I don't panic and I always find a main road or route to get me back on track. So I found the bank, but from the complete opposite direction from where I started :0) I now know where a lot of stuff is though.

I mentioned before that one of my coworkers has chickens and he gives me eggs sometimes. I'm trying to come up with things to do with all these eggs - I will make a cake or cookies or something soon I think. This morning for breakfast I had eggs with salsa and cheddar cheese ... yum!!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Gorgeous sweater! That is gonna be amazing when you finish it.

Those eggs look really yummy.