Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What did you do?

This morning, in a moment of I don't know what, I somehow signed up for the 2011 Rockin' Sock Club. What's the big deal? You may be thinking, I'll tell you what the big deal is. Its not like I have oodles of extra cash laying around that I need to find things to do with. As a matter of fact, I put this on my credit card ... ouch!

Let's examine this for a moment. First of all, I am NOT a morning person ... not ... one ... bit. So why was I on the computer before getting ready for work, making purchases? Stupid. I never do that, I wait until evening after I've thought about it ... if there was even something I thought about purchasing in the morning.

Secondly, do I need more sock yarn ... No! I stopped counting how many were in my stash when I got to 100.

Third, and this is the big one ... I signed up for the club in 2009 and what's this ...



Every ... Single ... Skein

Every skein from 2009 is still here, not one project completed. Heck, they aren't even wound up!

There's a little voice in my head that tells me to do crazy things, you know the one, your's may tell you to eat things that aren't on your diet, spend more money than you really should when you're shopping, drink too much, smoke, you name it. Well mine signed me up for the sock club this morning! What did you do?

3 comments:

Sue said...

lol I followed the voice that said "eat that brand of chocolate", ignoring the other one that was saying...."are you sure you want to eat that???? It could give you a migrane",....and it did!

geeky Heather said...

Ha! I have been deleting any email from any fiber-y place with the word "club" in the subject line! I'm going to follow your cautionary tale and go have two cups of tea before I do ANY MORE SURFING. =D

Now go wind up some of that yarn. ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been pretty much in control this morning, but there is this little voice in my head telling me to drive to Davis Bakery and get some cinnamon crisps.

I am SO trying to ignore the voice, but the closer it gets to lunch time the louder the voice is getting.