Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recent Stash Enhancement

If you have never ordered from The Loopey Ewe, you're missing something! Every order is packed and wrapped and a little goodie added too (usually candy). When you first order, until you are an official "Loopey Groupie" you also get an extra goodie in your order. I've ordered enough that I am official :o)


I recently placed an order to get my hands on this Loopey messenger bag. How cool is this?!?!


Of course, I must order some yarn too, while I am at it. I've wanted to try Starry for a while, its got real silver bits spun into it so it sparkles ... and it really sparkles! The Lorna's Laces I just couldn't pass up, look at those colors!! And Zauberball laceweight in the yummiest green ... its so vibrant (hard to tell in this photo, I know).


The little bit down there is a Puppy Snip, tiny scissors, a little larger than a US Quarter by Hiya Hiya.


Now for the rest of my recent stash enhancement.


A woman I work with and I often go in together on Knit Picks orders, this way we get free shipping, although one of us usually orders more than the required $50 to get free shipping. I got a set of needle tips and cables and this Knit Picks Chroma. Not sure what its going to be yet, I just wanted to try it out.


I am making another Baby Surprise Jacket for a man I work with. He and his girlfriend do not want to know the sex of the baby ... so I had to find something gender neutral. I was going to try and make it in Patons Kroy FX like the last one, but the only neutral color that it comes in wasn't in stock when I went shopping. So I figured I'd go to my local yarn store to find something. Sure, I'd probably pay more, but I'd enjoy knitting it and be happy with the color. The Mini Mochi in this picture is for the sweater.

The Lamb's Pride is for Saroyan. I've made a few things out of the variegated Lamb's Pride and the colors are very subtle and really very pretty.

Not sure what the Kidsilk Haze will be, when I went to the yarn tasting recently and tried it, I really wanted to try it out on an entire project. I only got one skein, but its got a surprising amount of yardage in that little ball at 229 yds. I figure its plenty for a nice scarf or shawlette.

Now to find a place on the shelves to put this stuff!

4 comments:

staci said...

Wonderful new stash! Happy Knitting!

Anonymous said...

The Mini-Mochi will make a beautiful baby sweater. Can't wait to see it.

I love my Puppy Snips and can't believe how often they are used! They really are quite sharp for little teeny scissors.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Great stash enhancements!

geeky Heather said...

Nice stash!! I have a Jeanie going in (I think) the same color of Starry! Soooo sparkly. I want to try some of the Chroma, but more yarn is definitely excess cranial ventilation at this point! (i.e., I need more yarn like I need another hole in my head =).