Saturday, January 29, 2011

I did it ...

I signed up for the Mystery Shawl KAL that I posted about previously ... and I purchased yarn for it. I tossed this one around for a while, and, most likely because I was still thinking about it by the time another payday rolled around and the sign ups hadn't closed yet ... well that answered the question for me!

My philosophy is this: if my mortgage is paid, my truck loan and insurance is paid and I am not in receipt of threatening past due notices from my utility companies, well then I can purchase some yarn. Maybe I don't have as much money in my savings account as I should. But, for all I know I could be struck by lightening tomorrow and die a horrible, crispy death ... so why not spend this precarious time on Earth doing something I love? Hey, if I am holding knitting needles while I am struck by lightening, the charge may enter one needle tip, pass through the cable and exit the other tip, thus leaving me unscathed, right?

I ordered Eos from the Unique Sheep in Moonlight in the Garden. This is the yarn that the designer used for the pattern. I have ordered from the Unique Sheep before and its great stuff. I really liked this colorway when I was looking at this pattern before, but the base was out of stock. Its not now! Telltale sign number two that the knitting fates are smiling.

I am opting out of the optional beading ... that's just begging the knitting fates to be unkind :o)



Shortly after I posted this the Knitting Fates decided I deserved a good dose of smack in the face ... while counting up stitches I noticed this:

See anything wrong here?

3 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Oh dear! That can't be right. And is that four or five rows back? Aaaaaaaaaagh!

Anonymous said...

Oh boo Knitting Fates! That's just not fair.

I suppose you could selectively frog it...

WildflowerWool said...

Lol, that looks just like my lace knitting!! Lace and I have our "issues"!