Sunday, December 5, 2010

Making Knitting Fun Again

My knitting has not been fun lately ... if there's any knittng done at all. The last few things I've knit I just wanted to get done. I wanted them "off my list of things to do" ... That's when I even have been knitting. A lot of other things kept getting in the way. I was trying to get the dining room painted before it got too cold to paint. I got one wall, window trim, new molding up and the door painted, but that's it before it got too cold. I'm fine with that though ... good excuse not to have to do it. None of the walls here are ready to paint, most have to be sanded and patched before any painting can be done ... so I'm good until Spring :o)

Work has been horrible. I used to like my job. I met some parents of a friend over Thanksgiving and when they asked what I did for a living, I said I'd rather not talk about it ... its that bad. I'm not going to talk about it here either, it just gets me all frustrated and disgusted.

I think I've been bogged down by all the to do things and when they creep into my "fun" stuff like knitting then it really wears on me. I'm sure it didn't help that my craft room ... or what I refer to as my sanctuary was a disaster. Its a really small room and I have a lot of craft stuff. I cleaned it up today and organized some stuff. That helped clear up my foggy mind.

I am hoping, in the winter months to get a lot more knitting, spinning and crafting done since there's not much to do outside and its too cold for construction and remodeling on the house.

I still have some things to get done before the holidays, but here's to a fun, creative and spiritual 2011! I'll have a new attitude and mindset for the new year :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there are quite a few of us that will love seeing that backside of 2010.

Wishing us ALL a better 2011.

Anita said...

I feel the same way. It's been a tough year all the way around. I hope that 2011 is kinder to all of us. :)