Monday, May 3, 2010

Focused Knitting Update

1. Diane's Gloves - need thumb an ends woven in. 1/15/10
2. Derek's scarf - needs to be completed.
3. Leyburn socks - second leg needs finishing. 1/14/10
4. Toe up socks - second heel and leg needs to be completed. 1/25/10
5. Cable bottom up sweater
6. Reversible Cable Scarf
7. Blanket square
8. Lavitan Mittens
9. Bat Shawl
10. Christmas Stocking

I totally forgot about this plan to finish up some WIPs before casting on new projects. I didn't forget about the WIPs - some of them stare me in the face every day when I sit down at the computer, LOL!

I have decided that I don't like knitting blanket squares and I don't want to make a blanket. Its too long of a project and I just don't want to do it. Life it too short spending free "hobby" time on something you don't want to do ... that's what working for a living is for.

I have knit two baby sweaters, one is completed and I posted a picture of it. The other one needs buttons and I am currently knitting a matching hat. I am taking a class on Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket starting tomorrow.

The second baby sweater was the Leaf Sweater Set from Designs by Jeannine.







I hope the hat fits. The first sweater I made came out too big - more like 12-18 months instead of 3 months. This one I think is more like 3 months, but not sure the hat is big enough for a 3 month old. Wouldn't be a big deal, but the kiddo is due in June ... who needs a hat in June besides a sun hat, LOL!

I hadn't touched the Bat Shawl in several months and was pleasantly surprised that I could pick it up and knit after looking at the pattern and chart for only a minute or two. I hadn't touched it in so long figuring I would not be able to find where I was in the pattern. I am using a chart keeper and have the last place marked off, but still its been bounced around for a while, so I figured the magnets had moved and I lost my place. No worries there!

No comments: