Friday, March 5, 2010

Whoa! Time Flies ...

I can't believe I haven't posted in two weeks, thought it was just yesterday. Well last weekend kinda got deleted from existence since I had the flu and was in bed from Friday night until Sunday morning, and most of Sunday I was pretty out of it, so that whole weekend was completely lost to me. Feeling fine now and getting back on track.

My work had layoffs this week, so this was a terrible week and I am so glad it is over. I still have a job ... just not entirely sure what it is ... but considering I still have a job, I'm not complaining and I'll just wait until they tell me where to go and what to do. I think my job did get eliminated, because I now work for a different supervisor, whom I worked for before I took a my current (now former existing) position. So not quite sure what they intend for me to do going forward.

I looked back on the blog and saw that the last FO I had was January 14th ... yikes! I am working on a few things and really would like to add some more FOs to the list for this year soon. I always feel like I am starting to drown when the WIPs are overruning me and I am not finishing anything.

Cabled Hoodie - I finished the right sleeve and put the body back on the needles and ripped back one row. I had finished the body and cast off the stitches under the arms, but the body was 2" shorter than the pattern called for. I stopped here because that's where the pattern said to stop on the cable chart, however, the cables continue up the back once the sleeves are attached, so it doesn't matter where I stop on the back, I can just pick up and continue the chart there. I made the sleeves 1 " shorter for now to see how they will be once I attach them. I measured a sweater I wear alot and the sleeves were 2" shorter than the pattern for this sweater, so I compromised by making it 1" shorter (so they wouldn't be too short). I can always make it 1 more inch if it doesn't look OK when I go to attach the sleeves to the body.

Lace Socks - I have 10 more rounds and the toe on the second sock and I'll have another pair. These were socks I started a long time ago, so they are longer than I typically like, but its a fun pattern and I will enjoy wearing them anyway.

Derek's Scarf - Has been sitting for a few weeks. Will be finished for next winter.

Christmas Stocking - I am at the decreases for the toe, maybe this one will be done for next Christmas, LOL!

Baby Yoke Sweater - I cast on for a baby sweater because the kiddo is due in June and I was afraid if I didn't start it soon, then I would miss the boat, which has happened all too often when I try and gift things. I am making size 6 months, so really I have until December, but I wanted to give it at the shower or when the kiddo arrives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I'm sure job worries didn't help.

Anita said...

I hope you are feeling better!! Yikes, so glad that you still have a job. That's very stressful. Cut yourself some slack on the FO's, you've cranked out a lot more than me so far this year & sounds like you've had a few rough weeks. You'll get them finished. :)