Sunday, January 31, 2010

What to do?

What to do with my day off? Somehow I managed to work overtime at my full time job this weekend, though it was supposed to be my free weekend since quitting my part-time job ... how do I do this?!?! Oh well, I can use the money.

Well one thing is for sure, laundry must be done or I will have nothing to wear to work tomorrow. The washer is running at this moment.

The DVR is 85% full, so I better get watching some shows before it runs out of space, more are scheduled to be recorded this week.

It is a lovely winter day, the sun is shining. Its still quite cold outside and there's a low breeze. I love the way the sun casts shadows from the trees onto the snow.



One thing I love about our property is the hill on one side of the house, which is viewed from the living room and kitchen. There's really nothing back there but more woods (acres and acres of conservation land), but I love the feeling of being surrounded like we're in a protective crater.



In the spring and summer its like a jungle, everything is green and leafy.



The deer come through here in the back from the conservation land and walk through the yard to follow the brook that runs around the property.



I think I will work on my sweater today and see how much of that I can get done while catching up on tv and enjoying the view from my living room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your snow pictures are so pretty.

I've lived in Florida for 25 years. This is the first year ever that it has looked this "wintry". Many of our trees lost all their leaves. It's a nice change of pace.

Hope you had plenty of knit time today.

Have a great week.