Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Help for Haiti

I've been hearing all over about different ways to help or donate money. Now, I have no problem donating, just to donate, but I caught wind that Ravelry had some help for Haiti patterns where a portion of the proceeds goes to help with the efforts. Since I had several patterns in my queue that I was just waiting to buy, because there are so many free patterns out there, why spend money I don't have on patterns? Don't get me wrong, I certainly agree that designers deserve to get something for their efforts. But the help with Haiti initiative was just what I needed to be able to spend money on the patterns I wanted while helping a great cause.

I recently purchased Elfrida, Nugatory, Versailles Shell, and
Varese Hoodie
.

This was a great way for me to get those patterns and help a great cause at the same time. Ravelry also added a feature where you can search your queue for patterns tagged with Help for Haiti.

No comments: